Al-Kitaab fii Ta'allum al-'Arabiyya: A Textbook for Arabic Part 3
- Publisher: Georgetown University Press
- Author: Kristen Brustad, Mahmoud Al-Batal, Abbas Al-Tonsi
- Product Code/ISBN: 9781589011496
- Specifications: Paperback 424 pages with DVD and MP3 CD
- Availability: In Stock
- Price: $125.00
The final and most advanced volume of the Al-Kitaab Arabic textbook program, Part Three is intended to help learners reach a superior level of proficiency by expanding vocabulary and providing paragraph-level activities in reading, writing, and speaking. More than thirty authentic texts by writers from across the Arab world address a range of political, social, religious, and literary themes and represent a range of genres, styles, and periods. Although the book focuses primarily on modern Arabic, classical Arabic texts have been incorporated into some of the lessons to introduce students to the continuity of the language throughout its history.
Like previous books in the series, Part Three presents vocabulary-building drills and contextualized explanations of grammar, with exercises designed to push students toward independent learning.
The original text and audio are now bound together in one volume along with new video material on DVD that continues the story of Maha and Khalid in Egyptian Arabic, making Part Three an invaluable textbook and reader.
- Guides learners to the superior level of proficiency
- Strengthens reading skills
- Increases vocabulary acquisition
- Refines and expands knowledge of sentence structure and the Arabic verb system
- Provides extensive writing activities
- Widens cultural background
- Includes more than thirty authentic texts by writers from across the Arab world
- Audio tracks have been remastered as MP3 files, recorded on one CD, and bound into the book
- Includes all new video material on DVD that continues the story of Maha and Khalid
- New video material continues instruction in the Egyptian dialect